The BEST Sweet Cornbread EVER!
CORNBREAD! Alright, I am not even going to lie and pretend that I have always liked Cornbread. I actually used to HATE Cornbread and that was until I was asked to bake cornbread for Thanksgiving and decided to give it a shot. After months and months of trial and error, I developed the PERFECT recipe to compliment any meal that is absolutely quick, easy, moist, and delicious. There are just a few simple tips to follow to ensure that your cornbread doesn’t come out tough or dry.
First things first, how do you AVOID dense and dry cornbread? It’s simple! Sieve ALL your dry ingredients and mix it well…then, beat your wet ingredients to combine AND very lightly combine, or FOLD your wet and dry ingredients into each other…This step will be when you say…”umm, I think I screwed up,” but I promise you didn't! Be gentle, and continue folding no matter how THICK the batter seems to be.
I actually used a whisk, but I was extremely gentle and careful to not over beat the batter. I slowly poured in my wet ingredients and I had a scare the first time because I thought, OH NO! Maybe I have too much liquid or flour because the wet and dry ingredients almost felt like they didn’t like each other, but I promise…JUST KEEP ADDING and gentling whisking all your wet ingredients in.
Another thing…I know it seems like A LOT of batter, but again, you did not screw up…It will work perfectly fine! Don’t worry because it will come out with a PERFECT dome on top and you will be SOOOO EXCITED to dig in!
Lastly, keep an eye on your baby. Set your timer for 50 minutes FIRST and then stick a toothpick or something in the center to check it. Your toothpick will not come out ‘clean’, but it won’t be like raw batter…If in doubt, just taste it. It should be moist and delicious! If it is still raw, add another five minutes to your cooking time and ENJOY! :)
The BEST Sweet Cornbread EVER!
This sweet and moist cornbread is so easy and perfect for any holiday!
Makes: 15 servings
- 3 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsps of Baking Powder
- 5 1/4 tbsps (1/3 cup) of Butter
- 1 cup of Cornmeal
- 15oz can of Corn
- 4 medium sized Eggs
- 2 tbsps of Organic Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/3 cups of Granulated White Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare Ingredients: Measure out all ingredients and melt butter
- Sieve dry ingredients (Flour, Baking Powder, Cornmeal, Salt, and Sugar) into a bowl and mix
- In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients (Melted Butter, Eggs, Honey, Vegetable Oil, and Milk)
- Drain corn and add to wet mixture
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stiring in gently until combined(DO NOT OVER WORK THE BATTER)**The batter will be thick once you begin pouring and 'folding' in, continue to pour your wet ingredients...this will be scary, but I PROMISE you did not mess it up!**
- Butter a 9x13 inch Ceramic Baking Dish
- Pour batter into Baking Dish
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. **Keep an eye on your cornbread and set a timer for 50 minutes then check your Cornbread before adding the last 5 minutes IF NEEDED**