Alright, so I’ve always used those Instant Hot Cocoa mixes because I thought, Hot Chocolate?! That seems ridiculously difficult…but I am here to announce that it is the EASIEST thing ever. Thank God for Brittany from the Hello Honey Blog because she shared her Crockpot recipe for Homemade Hot Chocolate on Instagram (go follow her @brittfullwood) and that inspired this recipe I am sharing with you all!
First things first, the most important step to achieve a RICH and CREAMY hot chocolate is HIGH QUALITY chocolate! DO NOT skip this step! These are the chocolates I used and I just threw in some leftover semi-sweet chocolate chips I had.
Secondly, I just unwrapped my chocolate bars and chopped into chunks! #EasyAsPie
Lastly, just throw all your ingredients into your Crock-pot and get started!
The MOST RICH and CREAMY Hot Chocolate EVER!
This Hot Chocolate is SUPER RICH and CREAMY and perfect for any family gathering.
Makes: 12 servings
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 18oz of Chocolate of choice (I used 4oz of Baker's Milk Chocolate, 4oz of Toll House Dark Chocolate, 4oz of Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate, and about 6oz of Nestle Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- 6 cups of Milk (I used what I had in my refrigerator, which was 2% milk.)
- 12oz of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Prepare Ingredients: Cut your chocolate into chunks and measure out all your ingredients.
- Pour your chocolate chunks into your Crockpot
- Add 6 cups of Milk, 2 cups of Heavy Cream, 12oz of Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1/4 teaspoon of Almond Extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon to your Chocolate and stir.
- Set Crockpot for 2 hours on Low heat.
- Stir every 20 minutes
- After the 2 hours has completed, keep it on the Warm setting.